Saturday, September 21, 2024

O’Bannon Woods State Park - Indiana

 I hiked ~6 miles of semi-rugged southern Indiana trail during mid September. O'Bannon Woods State Park sits on the Ohio River just a few miles downstream from Louisville. The terrain is surprisingly rocky, and there are numerous sink holes and caves, several entrances which I believe I spotted. The hike occasionally made me feel as if I were back in northern California, and I swear I spotted black bear poop on the trail...which is not completely out of the question in this part of the state. Definitely a region I will be visiting again, plenty of trails to hike, rocks to scramble on, history to soak in, and possibly caves to explore. Map of the region can be found here.







No comments:

O’Bannon Woods State Park - Indiana

 I hiked ~6 miles of semi-rugged southern Indiana trail during mid September. O'Bannon Woods State Park sits on the Ohio River just a fe...