Wednesday, September 07, 2016

Blackerby Ridge - Juneau, AK

The days are counting down until I leave Juneau.  Therefore, the pressure is on to redo all of the classic Juneau hikes.  I did McGinnis a week ago, and the week before that Jumbo and Mount Juneau.  I followed those up with Blackerby Ridge a couple of days ago.  Although I didn't complete the ridge to Cairn Peak, I traversed the bulk of the ridge, which without a doubt is the ultimate ridge hike in Juneau.  This is the second time I've been up on the ridge, and this second time killed my knees.  But they have recovered, and I'm grateful for the alpine experience.  The pictures below sum up the experience pretty well.





No comments:

Storm Chase // 16 April 2024 // Southeast Iowa Tornadic Supercell

 I chased southern Iowa on April 16th and was rewarded with an intense EF2 producing tornadic supercell west of Burlington, IA. I departed F...