Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Southwest Oregon and Northwest California Beach Photography

I've explored the beaches of southwest Oregon and northwest California during the last month.  My most recent experience was at Whalehead Beach, Oregon.  This beach features a large, towering sea stack that dominates the landscape.  I captured some dramatic images of waves interacting with the rock tower using a telephoto 75-200 mm lens.  Another beach, which isn't too far from Whalehead, is at the mouth of the Pistol River in Oregon.  There are seastacks located north of the river, all of which make for interesting photographic subjects for seascape photography.  The final beach sits along the western edge of the Redwood National Park in California. Most of my views of this beach were from high above...but I found access to the water near the mouth of the Klamath River on the north edge of the park.

Whalehead Beach, Oregon.
Whalehead Beach, Oregon.
Whalehead Beach, Oregon.
Pistol River Beach, Oregon.
Pistol River Beach, Oregon.
Redwood National Park, California.
Outflow of sediment from the Klamath River, California.

No comments:

Storm Chase // 16 April 2024 // Southeast Iowa Tornadic Supercell

 I chased southern Iowa on April 16th and was rewarded with an intense EF2 producing tornadic supercell west of Burlington, IA. I departed F...