Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Coast Guard Field Training Exercise

My NWS Eureka colleagues and I attended a Coast Guard Field Training Exercise on April 17, 2019 at the Samoa Airport west of Eureka, CA. We arrived at 8 am, watched Coast Guard, California Highway Patrol, and CalFire helicopters land; and then proceeded through a field training briefing, in which I gave a weather summary for all the participants. The highlight of the exercise was watching the Coast Guard helicopter team retrieve mock injured parties from the ground via assistance from local firefighters, who participated in order to familiarize themselves with helicopter assisted rescue operations.


No comments:

Storm Chase // 16 April 2024 // Southeast Iowa Tornadic Supercell

 I chased southern Iowa on April 16th and was rewarded with an intense EF2 producing tornadic supercell west of Burlington, IA. I departed F...