Sunday, June 13, 2021

Stoney Ridge - Trinity Alps

 I hiked 5 miles and ascended 3000 feet to the Stoney Ridge Pass in the Trinity Alps on my birthday, June 12th. Upon arriving at the pass, I met two women who were resting before advancing west beyond the rocky prominence. My next objective was Red Mountain. I climbed up a ridgeline into the clouds and reached a point that might be Red Mountain, but I can't say for sure due to near zero visibility resulting from thick cloud cover. I will have to come back, likely in the fall, and definitively obtain the summit in clear skies. Nevertheless, it was a fun outing in the mountains. Pictures and video are posted below.

Google map location is here.




No comments:

First Flight // Sweet Aviation // Fort Wayne, Indiana

 I participated in a discovery flight with Sweet Aviation during late April. The flight went flawless thanks to my awesome instructor Austin...