Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Pyramid Peak /Almost/

 Carly Kovacik and myself made an attempt on Pyramid Peak during early August. We initially missed the climbers trail that branches off from the tourist trail by about a quarter mile, and had to backtrack during the pre-dawn-hours. We eventually got back on track and soon began a grueling ascent up a long series of switch backs. That was followed by a traverse across a large boulder field that gave access to a 1000 foot climb up a very steep section of loose dirt and rock. We then reached a ridge and traversed across exposed ledges. We finally reached the "leap of faith" and a walk across a cliff. I wasn't in the right frame of mind to tackle that section and the class 3 climb up the "Green Wall," so Carly and I turned back. This was an unfortunate turn of events for everyone, but I don't have any regrets, and was still satisfied with the alpine experience.

Google map location is here.

No comments:

First Flight // Sweet Aviation // Fort Wayne, Indiana

 I participated in a discovery flight with Sweet Aviation during late April. The flight went flawless thanks to my awesome instructor Austin...