Sunday, February 05, 2023

Kilauea Volcano and Lava Lake - Hawai'i

 I got to experience a top ten possibly once in a lifetime event during late January 2023 when I watched an active volcanic eruption from the caldera rim of Kilauea. The lava lake was glowing red in a fractured fractal fashion, and a vigorous lava fountain was shooting upwards near the middle of it. Someone next to me had binoculars, and lent them to me briefly. Watching that hot reddish yellow lava erupting upwards through the lens of the binoculars was truly amazing. Such fluid lava! 

Google map of Kilauea Volcano is here.









No comments:

First Flight // Sweet Aviation // Fort Wayne, Indiana

 I participated in a discovery flight with Sweet Aviation during late April. The flight went flawless thanks to my awesome instructor Austin...