Saturday, May 20, 2023

Scenes From Pennsylvania and Delaware

 I spent a few days in early May 2023 in Pennsylvania and Delaware. Delaware happens to be the 49th state I've experienced...only North Dakota is left on my list. While in the great state of Delaware, I visited Brandywine Creek State Park, as well as the old old town of New Castle. Brandywine is the site of the former DuPont gunpowder factory, while New Castle is full of ancient colonial charm. Jessop's Tavern in New Castle was particularly awesome. During my last day out east, I also had the chance to hike 5 miles on the Appalachian Trail, along the Lehigh Gap section in Pennsylvania. The first mile of that hike was fun scrambling up a rocky ridge slope. Thereafter, the remainder of the hike was around 4 miles of mainly flat ridge walking with views occasionally opening up within forest clearings. It was my first AT experience, and the interactions with AT through hikers was fun...check out my YouTube video of the Appalachian Trail hike here.














No comments:

First Flight // Sweet Aviation // Fort Wayne, Indiana

 I participated in a discovery flight with Sweet Aviation during late April. The flight went flawless thanks to my awesome instructor Austin...