Saturday, June 07, 2014

Lower Antelope Canyon - Page, AZ

I recently had the opportunity to walk through both Upper and Lower Antelope Canyon's during late May.  Both canyon's are unique, the lower being slightly less crowded, and displaying more intricate and colorful structures in its sandstone walls.  And unlike the upper canyon, you can pull up to the entrance of the lower canyon and schedule an immediate tour.  I choose the slightly more expensive photographer's tour, the main benefit being that your guide directs traffic inside the canyon, which allows you to take pictures without people walking into your shot.  My Navajo guide was awesome...he worked hard to give me and my fellow tour-mates the best possible pictures, made suggestions on where to position our cameras, and gave friendly conversation during the 2 hours we were together.  All in all a great experience.  If you come to Page, AZ to visit the upper canyon, the experience won't be complete without a visit to the equally beautiful lower canyon.

No comments:

Storm Chase // 16 April 2024 // Southeast Iowa Tornadic Supercell

 I chased southern Iowa on April 16th and was rewarded with an intense EF2 producing tornadic supercell west of Burlington, IA. I departed F...