Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Patrick's Point State Park

During early March I hiked a spit of rocky land that juts westward into the Pacific Ocean--the California State Park called Patrick's Point. I initially parked at the southern end of the park at a spot called Palmer's Point. I then hiked northward along the Rim Trail, taking side trails to investigate Rocky Point, Patrick's Point, Wedding Rock, and Mussel Rocks. Each point gave unique views of the dramatic coastline, both from below at the shore and up high on top of cliffs. I then followed the Rim Trail to Agate Beach and scoured the shore for gem stones. No gems, at least none that I could identify, were found. I then hiked two miles back to my truck along a forested park road.

No comments:

First Flight // Sweet Aviation // Fort Wayne, Indiana

 I participated in a discovery flight with Sweet Aviation during late April. The flight went flawless thanks to my awesome instructor Austin...