Saturday, May 25, 2019

Strawberry Rock and Little Bald Hills Trail

I hiked 1.5 miles up to Strawberry Rock, a sea stack that has risen high above the ocean due to tectonic processes, which is located near the seaside town of Trinidad, CA. The hike was a quick one with only a few steep sections. The highlight of the route was a 15 foot section of rock that is ascended with the use of a rope--which leads to a rewarding view of the Pacific to the west and surrounding ridges to the north.


After Strawberry Rock, I headed north into Del Norte County. I entered lush redwood forests and hiked the Little Bald Hills Trail. The trail itself is not all that spectacular with regard to grand vistas...but it was still a good forest hike--and my first in Del Norte. The highlight of the trip was probably the drive on Howland Hill Road, which you absolutely must do if you want to see massive redwood trees around every bend...these trees are probably the most spectacular I've seen during my years in California.

No comments:

First Flight // Sweet Aviation // Fort Wayne, Indiana

 I participated in a discovery flight with Sweet Aviation during late April. The flight went flawless thanks to my awesome instructor Austin...