Sunday, May 19, 2019

Swift Creek - Trinity Alps

I hiked the Swift Creek trail in the Trinity Alps--eventually crossing raging spring melt via a bridge, and then ascended up the trail to Granite Lake. I actually wanted to hike Seven-Up Peak, but in hindsight that was a ridiculous goal--old and new snow combined eventually increased from a few inches to many many feet. I was sinking up to my waist at times as I struggled to create a trail. Needless to say I didn't make it to Seven Up Peak; and in fact I didn't event make it to Granite Lake (although I was close). I started seeing ten foot trees buried almost to their tops, and decided I didn't want to take a chance falling through a tree hole in the snow--which if that did happen, probably would mean I wouldn't have been found until July...haha. So I turned around after a few miles of fun in late May snow. I'll be back for Seven Up in the summer!

No comments:

First Flight // Sweet Aviation // Fort Wayne, Indiana

 I participated in a discovery flight with Sweet Aviation during late April. The flight went flawless thanks to my awesome instructor Austin...