Tuesday, June 04, 2019

King Peak - Southwestern Humboldt County, California

I hiked King Peak during early June for the second time in the last three years...this time with my coworker William Iwasko. As usual, the drive to and from the trailhead was the most adventurous part of the day...King Peak Road may possibly be the worst road in America...I highly recommend you drive it and see for yourself. Otherwise, there was hardly a cloud in the sky, and the views of the Pacific Ocean, Shelter Cove, the Yolla Bolly Mountains, the surrounding King Range, and even the very top of Mount Shasta were all on clear display...definitely one of the better hiking experiences I've had in northwest California so far.

No comments:

First Flight // Sweet Aviation // Fort Wayne, Indiana

 I participated in a discovery flight with Sweet Aviation during late April. The flight went flawless thanks to my awesome instructor Austin...