Sunday, June 30, 2019

Granite Peak - Trinity Alps

I joined Matthew and Karen Kidwell, Jaclyn Gomez, and Siena Dante for a hike in the Trinity Alps during late June. We took on Granite Peak, which turned out to be a little more than Jaclyn could handle. Siena and myself stayed back with Jaclyn for a while as she slowly ascended, while Matthew and Karen continued on at a faster pace. Siena and I eventually separated from Jaclyn and finished off the 4500 feet to the top, all done in less than 4 miles...needless to say this hike is an unrelenting ascent. However, the views at the summit were incredible--Shasta was massive on the northern horizon, the craggy alps were a valley away to the west, and Lassen was brilliantly white off to the east. After about thirty minutes sitting on the rocky summit, Siena and I descended back down and joined the rest of the group, at which point we drove into Weaverville and had an excellent dinner at the Red Dragon.

No comments:

First Flight // Sweet Aviation // Fort Wayne, Indiana

 I participated in a discovery flight with Sweet Aviation during late April. The flight went flawless thanks to my awesome instructor Austin...