Monday, July 01, 2019

Squaw Valley Creek Trail - McCloud, CA

I hiked the Squaw Valley Creek Trail located near McCloud, CA with Tamara Lopez on July 1st. The trail weaves through a wooded gorge that falls off sharply to a raging creek bellow. The gorge and what I assume are lava outcrops made the hike interesting. I'm pretty sure we bush-whacked through or closely adjacent to poison oak...it will be a miracle if I don't start itching soon since I was wearing shorts. Otherwise, the last mile or two ascends 1000-1500 feet up a forest service road to a ridge top that then drops back down to the trailhead, which I appreciated since I didn't have to walk through sections of poison oak and mosquitos on the way back to my truck. There is another bonus...the views of Mount Shasta are outstanding around McCloud (see pictures below).

No comments:

First Flight // Sweet Aviation // Fort Wayne, Indiana

 I participated in a discovery flight with Sweet Aviation during late April. The flight went flawless thanks to my awesome instructor Austin...