Saturday, July 27, 2019

Swimming With Sharks - North Shore of Oahu

I went on a snorkeling expedition with One Ocean Diving [http://www.oneoceandiving.com] during late July. We cruised about 3 miles offshore and then performed a series of boat maneuvers to draw the sharks up toward the surface of the water. Up they came, and in we went...on this day, a group of seven Galapagos Sharks swam about 10 to 20 feet below our snorkel area. It felt safe at all times being in the water with these sharks--surreal is the right word...in fact, the jelly fish floating up toward our location were more menacing than the sharks. I'm glad I had this experience, and would definitely recommend the professionals at One Ocean Diving for future shark adventures.

And...unfortunately I only had an iPhone and no underwater photography equipment...thus no pictures of the sharks :(.

No comments:

First Flight // Sweet Aviation // Fort Wayne, Indiana

 I participated in a discovery flight with Sweet Aviation during late April. The flight went flawless thanks to my awesome instructor Austin...