Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Kansas City, MO; Lawrence, KS; Lansing, KS

I attended a week-long leadership training class at the National Weather Service Training Center in Kansas City, MO during early December. The class was an outstanding experience; my trainers were awesome; and I met a lot of cool people who I'm glad to say are my colleagues. A large group of us went to Q39 in Midtown KC one evening halfway through the class. The BBQ at Q39 is out of this world. I also got the chance to visit family in Lansing, KS; and also attended a Kansas basketball game in Lawrence, KS with Anca Gheorghe. KU looks really good this year, and though the game I attended was a blowout, the atmosphere in Allen Fieldhouse was somewhat subdued...perhaps due to the start of the holiday break? Anca and I also went shopping in the Country Club Plaza district in Kansas City, and ate sushi at Kona Grill, which is another spot I'd recommend. Miscellaneous pictures from my trip are posted below.

Allen Fieldhouse; University of Kansas.
Allen Fieldhouse; University of Kansas
BBQ plater at Q39 in Midtown Kansas City.
Anca and Baycon; Lansing, KS.
House of cards, built during a team exercise at the Field Operations Management course at the National Weather Service Training Center in Kansas City, MO.
Convection over San Francisco International Airport.
Kansas City International Airport.

No comments:

First Flight // Sweet Aviation // Fort Wayne, Indiana

 I participated in a discovery flight with Sweet Aviation during late April. The flight went flawless thanks to my awesome instructor Austin...