Thursday, December 19, 2019

Pinnacles National Park

Anca Gheorghe and myself hiked Pinnacles National Park during mid December. We picked the 'High Peaks Trail,' which switch-backs up to some of the highest pinnacles in the park. The scenery was fantastic, and sometimes approached exhilarating as we climbed up and down steep narrow ledges. The High Peaks Trail eventually connected up with the Bench Trail, which then connected up with Bear Gulch Trail. After all was said and done, we completed a 6-7 mile loop. My impression of Pinnacles is positive, though I'm not certain it is worthy of National Park status. Nevertheless, it is a great place for a day hike, and anyone who loves geology will love this place.

No comments:

First Flight // Sweet Aviation // Fort Wayne, Indiana

 I participated in a discovery flight with Sweet Aviation during late April. The flight went flawless thanks to my awesome instructor Austin...