Saturday, November 07, 2020

Granite Peak - Trinity Alps

I made my second ascent of Granite Peak (8,094 feet) during early November, this time with Zahaira Velez. I thought the second time might be easier than the first, but I was wrong. However, I made better time to the summit this time around, and we completed the 8+ mile ~10,000 ft. up/down vertical roundtrip in slightly over six hours. A half inch of fresh new snow covered much of the trail, but ground temperatures were still warm and snow posed no traction issues. I think the best part of the hike was ascending through clouds that billowed up in response to early November sun, melting snow, and a very cold airmass aloft.

Google map location is here.

No comments:

First Flight // Sweet Aviation // Fort Wayne, Indiana

 I participated in a discovery flight with Sweet Aviation during late April. The flight went flawless thanks to my awesome instructor Austin...