Thursday, November 12, 2020

Middle Peak - Trinity Alps

I hiked Middle Peak (8,095 feet) on November 11th, a mountain that was immediately adjacent to Granite Peak, which I hiked just a few days before. The trailhead for Middle Peak starts at a gratuitous 4,500 feet, and I made easy work of switchbacks the led to Stoney Ridge. Heading left at Stoney Ridge leads to Red Mountain, while a rightward turn leads to Middle Peak. I took the right turn, and encountered easy class 3 slab scrambling. After the scrambling, I made one last upward push and gained the summit. The views were fantastic. Mount Shasta dominated the northern horizon, Granite Peak was to my immediate south, Lassen Volcano loomed east, and the heart of the Trinity Alps was located to my west. After enjoying the view, I quickly descended back to my truck. I completed this hike in around 5 hours; 11 miles round trip and 3,500 vertical feet up.

Google map location is here.

No comments:

First Flight // Sweet Aviation // Fort Wayne, Indiana

 I participated in a discovery flight with Sweet Aviation during late April. The flight went flawless thanks to my awesome instructor Austin...