Saturday, July 31, 2021

Granite Lake /Gibson Peak Fail/ - Trinity Alps

 My coworker Zahaira and myself set off from the Swift Creek trailhead with the intent of summiting Gibson Peak in the Trinity Alps. Unfortunately, I picked a bad route, and we ended up bushwhacking for what seemed like forever. Our energy was drained by the time we exited the steeply sloped bush. And to make matters worse, the air was thick with wildfire smoke emanating from the Butte County area. With lungs filled with smoke, and bodies screaming with each vertical step, Zahaira and I decided to give up Gibson and jump in Granite Lake, an alpine lake situated at the base of Gibson Peak. The swim was just what I needed, and Gibson will be waiting for another attempt this fall.

Google map location is here.

No comments:

First Flight // Sweet Aviation // Fort Wayne, Indiana

 I participated in a discovery flight with Sweet Aviation during late April. The flight went flawless thanks to my awesome instructor Austin...