Sunday, July 18, 2021

South Sister - Oregon Cascades

 Carly and I climbed South Sister in early July. I did this peak a few years ago, and though it isn't as miserable as Mount Adams, the final steep push to the summit was an annoyance as we slid over all forms of loose volcanic ash/pumice/debris. Matters were made worse by the fact that I was coming off a stretch of midnight shifts. My body decided it was time to go into midday midnight shift sleep as we encountered the last couple hundred feet to the top. I eventually made the summit, but it wasn't graceful. Thanks to Carly for donating the pictures below.

YouTube video is here: [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZsqM5UNDB4]. Google map location is here.

No comments:

First Flight // Sweet Aviation // Fort Wayne, Indiana

 I participated in a discovery flight with Sweet Aviation during late April. The flight went flawless thanks to my awesome instructor Austin...