Thursday, February 03, 2022

Superstition Mountains - Arizona

 I took advantage of a four-day break from work and booked a flight to Phoenix, AZ for a quick hike in the Superstition Mountains. I did around 13 miles down the First Water, Second Water, and then Boulder Trails. I trekked past Battleship Mountain and then ascended a steep lonely volcanic butte that overlooked a stream valley and the distant towering Weavers Needle. This group of mountains located east of Phoenix offer some really pristine desert hiking full of rugged views, gigantic saguaro, wildlife, and a bit of scrambling for those looking for an added challenge in their hike. Definitely worth a return trip for future in-depth exploration.

Google map location is here.


No comments:

First Flight // Sweet Aviation // Fort Wayne, Indiana

 I participated in a discovery flight with Sweet Aviation during late April. The flight went flawless thanks to my awesome instructor Austin...