Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Another Grand Canyon Day Hike

Amy Schreiber and myself hiked the South Kaibab trail down to the Colorado River and then back up during late January 2024. The weather was exceptionally awesome during this hike...we definitely got lucky as heavy snow blasted the region only a week or two later. Otherwise, due to numerous breaks we utilized to photograph the sunrise across the canyon during our early morning descent, it took us 5 hours to go down and surprisingly 4 hours to go back up. The ascent wasn't too bad in my opinion. I felt stronger compared to my experience a year ago hiking up the Bright Angel Trail. A google map of our trail location can be found here.










 

No comments:

First Flight // Sweet Aviation // Fort Wayne, Indiana

 I participated in a discovery flight with Sweet Aviation during late April. The flight went flawless thanks to my awesome instructor Austin...