Wednesday, January 01, 2020

Death Valley: Badwater Basin

I drove from Bakersfield, CA to Death Valley for a Christmas week of hiking with my mom. This is the third time I've been to Death Valley, but I was glad to revisit all the highlights with her. Our first stop was Badwater Basin, which is the lowest point in North America at 279 feet below sea level. Interestingly, the center of the basin was filled with a thin layer of water due to recent rains, laying on top of hard thick crusts of salt.

Boardwalk that leads to the Badwater Basin salt trail.
Badwater Basin, Death Valley, CA.
Badwater Basin, Death Valley, CA.
Badwater Basin, Death Valley, CA.
Badwater Basin, Death Valley, CA.

No comments:

First Flight // Sweet Aviation // Fort Wayne, Indiana

 I participated in a discovery flight with Sweet Aviation during late April. The flight went flawless thanks to my awesome instructor Austin...