Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Arches National Park

I had a great lunch at Peace Tree Cafe in Moab, Utah (which, by the way, I highly recommend checking out if you are in town) on August 30th and then drove out to Arches National Park.  This park is definitely full of iconic foreground shots, whereas Canyonlands National Park is characterized by large horizons.  I didn't have time to do Arches justice, this was more of a reconnaissance mission for future trips.  I pulled off at a few turnouts, such as Park Avenue, and then headed for Delicate Arch.  The 1.5 mile hike to Delicate Arch should have been a cinch...but, afternoon heating was at its peak, so the hike was hellishly hot.  After an hour, I reached my destination.  The setting was somewhat surreal, truly a photographers dream.  I must come back at sunrise or sunset sometime in the near future.  After arriving back at the trailhead, I was too dehydrated to attempt hiking to any other destinations in the park...but, it will all be waiting there for me, just like it has been for the last million'ish years.

Park Avenue.
Park Avenue.
Park Avenue.
Park Avenue.
Delicate Arch.
Delicate Arch.
Delicate Arch.
Delicate Arch.

No comments:

Storm Chase // 16 April 2024 // Southeast Iowa Tornadic Supercell

 I chased southern Iowa on April 16th and was rewarded with an intense EF2 producing tornadic supercell west of Burlington, IA. I departed F...