Saturday, June 06, 2020

Canyon Creek Lake

My coworker Zahaira Velez and myself did a 16 mile roundtrip out-and-back to Canyon Creek Lake in the Trinity Alps located in Northern California. The scenery was a mirror image of the granite spires typical of the Sierra Nevada located well to the southeast. We hiked 7 miles up trail and then reached a creek crossing. I wimped out and crawled across a set of logs spanning the creek, while Zahaira was more brave and did a balance beam act across the logs that put me to shame. We reached the lower Canyon Creek Lake a mile later and soaked in glacially carved sidewalls towering above the U-shaped valley. A storm was rolling in and it actually started to snow and sleet at our elevation (around ~5,500 feet MSL)...snow in June!...we took one last look at the lake and then booked it back downhill.

No comments:

First Flight // Sweet Aviation // Fort Wayne, Indiana

 I participated in a discovery flight with Sweet Aviation during late April. The flight went flawless thanks to my awesome instructor Austin...