Saturday, July 11, 2020

Brokeoff Mountain-Lassen Volcanic National Park

Kristin and I hiked Brokeoff Mountain in Lassen Volcanic National Park. Ongoing drought has decimated the early summer snowpack that I experienced last year when I hiked the mountain. But that was fine, it gave me a different perspective during my second ascent. We made it up and down the mountain in four hours...a nice quick hike on a brilliantly sunny Northern California day. After the hike, we made a stop at a boiling pool of mud at West Sulphur Creek--evidence of the volcanics that are still present beneath the surface. Check out the video at the bottom of the post.




No comments:

First Flight // Sweet Aviation // Fort Wayne, Indiana

 I participated in a discovery flight with Sweet Aviation during late April. The flight went flawless thanks to my awesome instructor Austin...