Friday, July 31, 2020

Aspen Mountain

Carly and I decided to ascend Aspen Mountain, the location of the ski slopes bounding the south side of Aspen. This hike involved an elevation gain of 3,000+ feet over a distance of 4+ miles. The ascent was non-stop unrelenting uphill; much much harder than the 14'er Bierstadt I did the day before. Unfortunately, we hit a downhill section on the gravel road we were following, and my feet slipped out beneath me. I caught my fall with my hands, and blood started gushing out of my palms. Clotting set in soon after and we continued our ascent upwards. Finally, after about 3 hours, we reached the top, and thunderstorms were quickly approaching. We tagged the summit and then got a beer in the ski lodge located at the top of the mountain. We then decided to beat the approaching storms downhill by taking a ski resort gondola back into Aspen.

Google map location is here.

No comments:

First Flight // Sweet Aviation // Fort Wayne, Indiana

 I participated in a discovery flight with Sweet Aviation during late April. The flight went flawless thanks to my awesome instructor Austin...